When you are buying a new home, you are making one of the biggest purchases of your life. But before you close on a deal, think about getting a roof inspection done. A roof inspection is one of the most important aspects of buying a new home as it can identify any hidden issues before they turn into costly, dangerous issues.
A professional roof inspection before buying your home can save you money that you may end up spending on roof repair or replacement. It will help in identifying underlying issues like cracks in the roofing materials, leaks, clogged gutters, mold and mildew, among others.
Here is a list of some potential problems which may be detected in your roof
- Cracked, broken, loose or missing shingles, tiles or any other roofing materials
- Overflowing gutters, excessive water pooling near the foundation
- Excessive amount of granules in the rain gutters
- Missing, loose or damaged flashing near perforations in the roof like the plumbing, heating and cooling vents
- Improper ventilation, depressions or blisters near vent pipes and clogged drains
- Signs of leaking in the attic area, water stains, sagging ceilings, dark patches
A professional roof inspection will assess the current situation of your roof and check if there are any underlying issues or not. The inspection will also identify repairs or installations which have been poorly carried out in the previous years, so any critical issues can be corrected as soon as possible.
Get in touch with the experts at GAL-TECH Roofing if you need a roof inspection before buying a home. Our roofing inspectors will conduct the inspection to identify the issues with your roof and provide you a genuine estimate on the cost of repair.